Friday, May 25, 2012

Prepare (From Luke 14)

You ever feel like your life has just been preparation until this moment?
Like, you have just been getting ready?
He prepares a place for us. The only job he’s left us is to get others to come with us.


Yeah, now you’re at the table, before you lies the feast
And Christ is not a fable, he is the High Priest
Born into a stable, for 3 days was deceased
The same Spirit that resurrected him and directed him
Lives inside of us
Have you accepted him, will you be kept in him?
He is a guide for us

He died for us
So are you reflecting him or have you rejected him

Take a minute, feel the weight that you carry
You can drop it at Cross, or keep it till you die
I know it’s kinda scary, but I know it’s not a lie
Cause the truth’ll set you free, that’s a guarantee
You and I were blind until He let us see



If your life is a story, he is the author
Give him the glory, that doesn’t mean throw a dollar in the coffer
He’s not the Great Barista, he is the All in All
So he’s not looking for a part of you
He wants you all, the soul and the heart of you
Your strength and your mind
Let yourself be lost in him and I’m sure you’ll find
Peace and joy like you’ve never known
Though we’re prone to stray
You’ll be blown away by his love

Take a minute, feel the weight that you carry
You can drop it at Cross, or keep it till you die
I know it’s kinda scary, but I know it’s not a lie
Cause the truth’ll set you free, that’s a guarantee
You and I were blind until He let us see


Now you are saved, you are ordained
With Christ, you were raised
So be unashamed of the Gospel
Some people will be hostile
But the here’s the good news
The hard part is over
The Kingdom is closer
Christ did the heavy lifting
Feel the weight shifting
Your value is in existing
A light burden and an easy yoke
We can’t be bridled until we are broken
Well, he was perfect in speech
Here are the words he has spoken:

Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.
Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’
“But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’
“Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’
“Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’
“The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’
“‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’
“Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment